First, a little back story

I'm 21 years old, living in a decent apartment paying $650 a month in rent. I have a little over a thousand dollars in credit card debt (not much to most people, but it's a lot to me). I take home about $1600 a month from my job as a delivery boy for a siding distributor. After all is said and done, subtracting the cost of gasoline, car insurance, food, etc., I usually have $200 - $400 in surplus at the end of every month. Though, being 21, that gets pissed away buying shit I don't need, going out to eat, and driving my 20mpg v6 around more then I need to.

I have a passion for finding creative solutions to problems. I've been making video games since I was in the 7th grade. I've recently taken an interest in green energy (probably due to rising gas prices). I'm sure I would do wonderfully as a computer programmer, game designer, engineer, or an inventor if I could only apply myself. I consider myself to be smarter then most people, but, if I were actually smarter, I wouldn't be broke. Money is my problem now. I feel like everything else is just a waste of time when I have this over my head.

And so I've decided to put fourth %100 of my creative ability towards making money, so that one day I will be free. Truly self sufficient, not relying on a larger corporation for my survival. Then I'll be able to pursue the things I'm passionate about. I haven't completely forsaken the idea of going to college. I just know that I do not want to gain success by wasting the next 20 years slaving away for some company.

I'm sure everybody goes through this when they are young. Maybe "growing up" is really just learning to accept the fact that you are going to have to work most of your life. I may have to submit to that eventually, but my inner child is not going down without a fight.

0 comments: